Wednesday 3 September 2008

Leeds solicitors join humanitarian convoy to Bulgaria

Well its the last day before the convoy leaves and hopefully everything is under control. Packed my case this morning - no point in doing it too early!

I have an interview with the local paper this morning although its unlikely many people in the UK will see it as the Ulricehamn Tidnings circulation doesn't stretch that far! At lunchtime I am going out for a bite to eat with the family as I won't be seeing them after today for nearly 3 weeks.

Then this afternoon its off to Gothenburg airport and over to Manchester where I will meet up with Ricki who will probably be leaving home in Cardiff an hour or so before me for the train journey up to Manchester.

Chris Murphy is kindly driving the wagon across to Leeds this morning and leaving it at the Leeds central delivery office which is only about 5 minutes away from the Simpson Millar office.

That will make life easier in the morning when it is time to leave. We will be meeting up with some of the other drivers at Ferrybridge service station tomorrow at 12.30 pm and then driving to Hull where we will all congregate at the mail centre before heading down to the docks for the ferry.

Ricki is feeling nervous and excited about the journey ahead, but is really wishing she had not caught a cold! Looks like we may need to pack some emergency medical supplies for Ricki also!

Tomorrow will be my first blog 'on the move' so 3G card permitting I will let you know if everything gets off to a good start.

No comments: